Payments,Tuition,Financial Aid,Billing,Refunds,or other Student Services Questions
Please visit the Student Services Additional Resources link for answers to questions regarding:
- Degree Plans
- Drop a Class
- Disabilities (ADA)
- Financial Aid
Advising and Counseling Issues
Please visit the homepage of the Distance Education Counselors:
If you need academic guidance or counseling.
If you can\'t register for classes because you have been away from HCC for more than a year, you may need to get term activated by our counselors.
If you can\'t enroll in a course for which you do not meet pre-requisites and you need further explanation.
- If you want to find out how to get started taking Distance Education classes.
You will find that many of your Distance Education questions are answered by the counseling staff in their FAQs page.
Course Content, Access Codes, Expired Quizzes/Assignments, Denied Access,Hybrid Courses...
Please contact your professor if:
- You are having problems with the Access Code from your textbook publisher. You may also need to contact the textbook publisher. Click here for more information on troubleshooting Access Codes from the Publisher.
- You are having trouble understanding your course content.
- Your assignment or quiz/exam has expired or you need to retake/resubmit it due to error and it will not let you. (We cannot reset exams).
- Your assignment, quiz, or syllabus has the incorrect date or is not available.
- You have been denied access to the class by your instructor. (You will receive an error message from Eagle online stating this.)
- You want to know if you can get reinstated into his/her class after being dropped and registration has ended.
The best way to contact your Distance Education professor is via Eagle Online Mail. However, read your Syllabus, Welcome or other content in your course to check if the instructor has given you an external email address and/or office number. If you cannot access Eagle Online at all and your professor has not provided you with an external email address, you may search for him/her in the Online Directory.
I cannot log in to HCC or PeopleSoft
Please contact the HCC Student Help Desk at 713-718-8800 or visit their help page if:
You are having a technical problem accessing or logging in to your HCC PeopleSoft Account to:
View your schedule
Add a class/drop a class [whether it\'s On-Campus or Distance Ed]
Check final grades.
Obtain Your Information such as your name in PeopleSoft, which determines your Blackboard ID.
Make payments online.
Obtain your HCC assigned "National Identification Number" if you do not have a Social Security Number.
- Change your personal information, such as your address and phone number.
If you are having a technical problem with your HCC student e-mail, it\'s a good idea to visit the Student E-Mail page first.
Please contact the corresponding links for non-Blackboard services.
Otherwise, if there is information such as a course ID that you are lacking from your instructor to log in to these services, please contact him/her.
Who can connect me to the right department?
Call 713-718-2000 for general information or to get connected with the most appropriate department.