HCC Online Model Courses
What is an HCC Online Model Course?
HCC sponsors team faculty fellowships for the development of "HCC Online Model Courses." An HCC Online Model Course is a complete, fully-developed course for online, hybrid, or web-enhanced delivery. It satisfies the curriculum requirements as set forth by the respective program and meets the standardized HCC Online Course Evaluation Rubric. A Model Course is available for use by all HCC faculty teaching that course.
The term “Model Course” expresses a two-fold responsibility to offer a learner-centered experience. The first responsibility requires the commitment by participating faculty to work collaboratively with the TLR instructional design staff. The second responsibility lies with the faculty to deliver the course using learner-centered instructional design strategies to better support student success.
Primary Benefits of an HCC Online Model Course:
• They impact large numbers of students.
• They create substantial development cost savings.
• They are developed once with periodic updates. Although individual faculty can personalize the course, there is little need to develop entirely new versions of that course in the future.
• They set a standard of quality.
• They provide a ready-to-use learner-centered course for current, new, and adjunct faculty.
How to Preview and Use
To preview and/or adopt (download and restore) an HCC Online Model Course, click here. Use your Active Directory username and password - same as email – log-in to this page. On this page you will see the Model Courses that are available. Important instructions are on this page for downloading and using these courses.